Waukesha County to participate in YPWeek 2019
The Waukesha County Business Alliance, in partnership with the Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce and the Delafield Chamber of Commerce, is proud to be part of YPWeek 2019. The program will be held April 19 to 27, 2019.
Started by NEWaukee in 2012 in Milwaukee, YPWeek is a weeklong platform for discovery, adventure and meaningful conversations about the issues that matter among young professionals. Each host community will present a variety of programs that empower young professionals to take ownership and pride in their city. YPWeek aims to engage the next generation of professionals, while also educating employers on workforce talent attraction and retention.
YPWeek events in Waukesha County include:
- Monday, April 22 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Waukesha County YPWeek Kickoff Celebration
- Join United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County’s LINC network and the Waukesha County Business Alliance’s Young Professionals group for the first ever YPWeek kickoff. Network with like-minded young professionals and make an impact through a unique volunteer experience. The event will be followed by a happy hour with more networking, prized and fun! Help celebrate our great community and help us kick off our Waukesha County YPWeek! Space is limited – be on the lookout for an invitation with additional event details and link to RSVP coming soon!
- Tuesday, April 23 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Helping out at HAWS
- Meet for a light lunch, a behind the scenes tour of HAWS and some volunteer activities to help out HAWS at upcoming events!
- Tuesday, April 23 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. – The Beer Experience
- Join us for a chat and happy hour with Nick Reistad, one of the founders of Raised Grain Brewing Co. He’ll discuss what it was like building two breweries and a brand in three short years.
- Wednesday, April 24 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Emerging Leaders of Waukesha County
- Find out how tomorrow’s leaders are taking the right steps today by building a dynamic and meaningful path that will continue to have a positive impact on the community. These young professionals are taking strides to further themselves personally and professionally by showing initiative, determination and commitment. Join us to hear their stories of success!
- Wednesday, April 24 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – YP Bags Tournament
- Join the YPs of Delafield for an evening of networking and friendly competition! This tournament has a maximum of 16 teams, but unlimited number of other attendees. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the tournament.
- Thursday, April 25 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Young Professionals After Hours Social
- Please join us for the Oconomowoc Young Professionals, After Hours Social at Rocky’s Hops and Leisure. The atmosphere is a low-key environment and is a great opportunity to network with Oconomowoc and other Waukesha County young professionals! Rocky’s Hops and Leisure will be offering exclusive food and beverage prices to attendees.
Learn more here.
After four years of successful expansion of YPWeek in Wisconsin, NEWaukee announced an open call for national cities to join the movement in August 2018. NEWaukee is proud to announce the national expansion of YPWeek to include 22 communities and 100+ events in 2019. The program will be held in Wisconsin, as well as Chicago, Atlanta and Salt Lake City. Wisconsin host communities will include: Beaver Dam, Beloit, Burnett County, Chequamegon Bay, Fond du Lac, Fox Cities, Green Bay, Hartford, Kenosha, Madison, Manitowoc, Marshfield, Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Racine, Sheboygan County, Stevens Point, Waukesha County and Wisconsin Rapids.