Want to work for the Alliance or Waukesha County Center for Growth? Check out our openings!
Programs & Marketing Associate
Support business, expand connections and put your marketing strengths to work! The Waukesha County Business Alliance has a robust communication strategy and hosts 100+ events and programs each year and is looking for a dynamic project manager to join the team.
- Contribute to the successful execution of Alliance events and programs by coordinating the logistics, speakers, sponsors, marketing and promotion of various events and programs.
- Lead the Alliance’s guest speaker process, including handling incoming and outgoing speaker requests.
- Work directly with confirmed guest speakers to gather necessary details including contact information, speaker materials, marketing materials, etc.
- Create informative and appealing descriptions to promote events and programs.
- Maintain various pages within the Alliance’s website related to events and programs.
- Support the execution of Alliance communications, including newsletters and digital magazine.
- Think strategically about how to best position the Alliance as a regional leader.
- Gather content, design and edit various e-newsletters.
- Develop concept and outline for quarterly digital magazine, including member stories and advertising.
- Engage with business members and individuals through social media pages, including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Assist with additional marketing, event and program duties as needed.
- Support AV/technology in Alliance conference rooms for internal and external meetings.
- Become proficient with all modules of the Alliance database.
- Contribute to the Alliance’s member retention process.
- Assist entire Alliance team, as needed, on additional projects, training sessions, meetings, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
- Positive, creative and solution-focused working relationship with team members.
- Ability to complete Word/Excel and InDesign.
- Bachelor’s degree or a two-year technical degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365; Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proficient with remote meeting platforms; Zoom, GoToMeeting and Teams.
The Programs and Marketing Associate position is a full-time, salaried position. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and remotely from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Fridays. However, the Programs and Marketing Associate must be available for early morning and/or evening Alliance events and programs.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to Susan Pedersen.
The Waukesha County Business Alliance is looking for an intern. Work with the county-wide chamber of commerce and gain real-world experience interacting with local businesses. This internship will include administrative and general office tasks, in addition to assisting our events and programs team. This is a paid internship, requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week. Together, the Alliance and intern will determine mutual goals, as well as the best schedule and timeline.
- Assemble and collate member meeting packets or marketing materials.
- Prepare name tags and name tents for Alliance programs and meetings.
- Update data in the Alliance’s database.
- Input calendar notices on Alliance Outlook calendars.
- Assist our marketing and programs department with preparation for upcoming programs.
- Assist our business and education department with preparation for school tours and expos.
- Set up conference rooms and assist with meeting preparation.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- The Alliance is looking for a friendly, creative, and motivated individual who is willing to help with the many facets of a business association.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Planning/problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
Send your resume, references and a cover letter that expresses your writing and communication skills here. List “Alliance Internship" in the subject line of the email.