Waukesha County Center for Growth, Inc.
To serve as the central point of contact for businesses looking to grow in Waukesha County
A vibrant economy where businesses and citizens thrive
The Waukesha County Center for Growth, Inc. is Waukesha County’s economic development organization. Created in 2016 by Waukesha County in partnership with the City of Waukesha, Waukesha County Business Alliance, the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center and local municipalities, the mission for the Center for Growth is to serve as the central point of contact for businesses looking to grow in Waukesha County. The Center for Growth provides:
- Building and space searches: The Center for Growth utilizes the Xceligent Commercial Real Estate database used by real estate and economic development professionals across the region. Staff can identify options from small retail or office spaces to the largest industrial buildings or sites available for new development. Our staff has experience in real estate development and brokerage, and offers no cost assistance to find the site or space that best satisfies your needs.
- Business/industrial park inventory and development: Waukesha County has more than 80 industrial/business parks, with over 80 million square feet of industrial space. Numerous office parks and sites comprise the largest suburban office markets in the region with more than 20 million square feet of space. Another 20+ sites are in the planning or early development stage, and we are working with partners on development of new business parks and sites in several communities. If your project involves new construction, we work with you to identify the site(s) that best fit your requirements.
- Managing the approval process: Our staff has experience with local, county and state government. We understand the local approval process and will work with you to navigate it, and can assist with any county, state or other regulatory approvals that may be required. We act as your customer service representative in garnering the approvals necessary to move your project ahead in the shortest possible time frame.
- Identify workforce needs and connect business to workforce development resources: The Talent and Education Manager works with the Center for Growth and partner agencies to identify the labor force you need, the necessary training to provide the skills desired in your operations, the available funding to cover a portion of training costs and serves as a resource when expanding your talent base. Center for Growth staff works with Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development (WOW), Waukesha County Technical College, local school districts and other educational and training partners to address your specific needs for talent.
- Local Financing programs to assist in business expansion: The Center for Growth has access to Revolving Loan Funds and a mezzanine loan program. We work with lenders daily to develop financial packages tailored to the needs of each project. For certain projects, refundable tax credits from the state of Wisconsin (WEDC), Industrial Revenue Bond financing and/or Tax Incremental Financing may be applicable. Our staff has experience in developing financing packages that range from Main Street retail to the largest corporate office and industrial projects.
- Business attraction: The Center for Growth is the point of contact for prospective companies, brokers and developers interested in Waukesha County. We work closely with local governments in Waukesha County, real estate partners, workforce/education entities, M7 (the regional economic development partnership) and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (State of Wisconsin) to address needs and package projects.
- Business consulting services: In collaboration with the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network, the Center for Growth supports entrepreneurs and business owners in many areas, whether they are just starting out, looking to manage their business or are ready to grow. Services include no-cost, one-on-one consulting with experienced professionals and access to useful tools and resources.
The Center for Growth utilizes the Xceligent Commercial Real Estate database used by real estate and economic development professionals across the region. Staff can identify options from small retail or office spaces to the largest industrial buildings or sites available for new development. Our staff has experience in real estate development and brokerage, and offers no cost assistance to find the site or space that best satisfies your needs.
Whether you want help starting, managing or growing a business in Waukesha County, the Waukesha County Center for Growth is your business resource.
President & Treasurer
First Bank Financial Center
Waukesha County Business Alliance
BMO Harris Bank
American Transmission Company
Johnson Financial Group
City of Waukesha
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.