We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to retain talent and skill up our current workforce. Whether it be providing resources to help those already employed get ahead or providing opportunities to the unemployed, we want to ensure everyone in our area is contributing to our economy and reaching their full potential.
- Expand the Alliance’s Young Professionals of Waukesha County group to build a community of YPs in our area.
- Promote the Alliance’s Leadership Waukesha County program to develop business professionals’ leadership skills.
- Support The Joseph Project’s efforts to expand in Waukesha County by connecting with local manufacturers and hosting an inaugural job fair in the city of Milwaukee.
- Connect manufacturers with organizations that work with nontraditional populations for hire, such as veterans, inmates, the unemployed, people with disabilities and more.
- Host training seminars to help businesses learn how to apply for Wisconsin Fast Forward grants and other incentives to upskill employees.
- Connect businesses to WOW Workforce Development for incumbent worker training and on-the-job training assistance and support WOW job fairs in the fall and spring.
Our 30th Leadership Waukesha County class kicked off on Wednesday, August 22. Leadership Waukesha County is a nine-month program that focuses on development of business professionals who live or work in the greater Waukesha County area. The goal of the class is to provide the tools, processes and inspiration necessary to develop and enhance leadership skills […]
The benefits of hiring from outside your traditional candidate pool are numerous. Click to connect with resources to help you do that.
We’ve revamped our Young Professionals of Waukesha County program to give YPs the opportunity to get to know each other, access professional development opportunities and build lasting connections with each other and the community.
As part of the Alliance’s strategy to attract and retain young talent to Waukesha County, we are revamping our current Young Professionals programming to serve the young professionals community better. We want to help young professionals in Waukesha County get to know each other, access professional development opportunities and build lasting connections with each other and […]
The number one concern we hear from the business community is workforce. In a survey we conducted in 2017, 67% of businesses in Waukesha County report finding a skilled workforce to be the primary challenge they face when starting or growing their business. It’s time for us to address that.