We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to develop our future workforce by partnering with K-12 and post-secondary institutions to expose students to all the career opportunities in Waukesha County.
- Create a model to get educators into businesses and provide them with information on career clusters and current career pathways in Waukesha County through the Educators in Business Action Team.
- Implement a college and career readiness measurement framework for Waukesha County school districts to assess K-12 workforce skills development through the Countywide Report Card Action Team.
- Expand employer collaboratives in the construction/skilled trades, IT and health care industries, similar to the Manufacturing Alliance, to help those industries address their needs for skilled talent.
- Support the MADE (Manufacturing, Automotive, Design and Engineering) model for the School District of Waukesha to strengthen business/education partnerships and encourage students to consider careers in those industries. Expand the model to other districts.
- Expose students to the many career opportunities available in Waukesha County by hosting the MADE Career Pathways Expo, the Many Futures in Health Care Career Expo and Schools2SkillsTM tours.
- Support the Milwaukee 7’s “GROW HERE” campaign by encouraging businesses and educational institutions to participate in career-based learning experiences.
- Work with post-secondary institutions to ensure their programs and curricula meet the talent needs of area employers.
- Promote and expand youth apprenticeship, dual enrollment and internship opportunities with local businesses.
At least two of our Waukesha County districts were awarded DWD Fast Forward grants to expand their manufacturing programs, through the Advanced Manufacturing Technical Education Equipment Grant. Announcements just came out, so we’ll let you know if we hear of other local districts who were awarded grants. This is great news for Waukesha County and […]
The goal of Academic & Career Planning (ACP) is to prepare students and their families to make more informed choices about college and career pathways after high school, beginning in sixth grade. Partnerships between businesses and educational institutions are a great way to create valuable experiences for students.
We know that every day, our schools are doing more and more to partner with business. We too, are expanding our efforts in the area of K-12 relationships, business and education partnerships, workforce development and supporting districts in their academic and career planning work. In recent years, this work has increased dramatically. We’re excited that for the 2018-19 school year, 12 school districts in Waukesha County have committed to work with the Alliance to take these efforts to the next level.
Waukesha County schools wrapped up the school year last week. Below represents a portion of the Alliance’s work over the past year to develop our future workforce by connecting businesses and educational institutions: More than 400 students participated in 18 Schools2Skills tours More than 500 students toured the Health Care Career Expo More than 900 […]
On Tuesday, May 1, the State of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation awarded the School District of Elmbrook a $25,000 grant to create a Makerspace and Fabrication Lab or “Fab Lab” at Brookfield Central High School.
Because of the workforce issue and with the launch of Academic and Career Planning throughout Wisconsin in 2017, our new initiatives to connect businesses and educational institutions are of the utmost importance.
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Triton Trailers Inc
Stanek Tool LLC
Precision Plus, Inc.
Catholic Memorial High School
River Run Computers Inc
Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Inc.
Mary Ellen Comp
CJ & Associates, Inc.
School District of Elmbrook
Tailored Label Products, Inc.
Johnson Financial Group
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Ann Marie Krause-Hanson
Waukesha County Technical College
First Business Bank
The Marek Group
DeWitt Ross & Stevens SC
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Waukesha Metal Products
School District of Merton
United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County
DeWitt Ross & Stevens SC
Jacsten Holdings LLC