We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to develop our future workforce by connecting K-12 and post-secondary institutions with businesses in order to expose students to all the career opportunities in Waukesha County and the region.
- Expose students to career opportunities in Waukesha County by hosting the Manufacturing the Future Expo, the Discover Health Care Expo, Mini Business World, Kids Building Wisconsin-Waukesha, Schools2Skills tours and more.
- Expand Careers Uncovered to bring educators into businesses to tour, interact with business leadership and enhance the Academic & Career Planning process.
- Launch the Workforce Readiness Dashboard for Waukesha County school districts to assess K-12 workforce skills development.
- Host quarterly superintendent/president roundtables to connect educational leaders with local business leaders.
- Create a program to educate parents about career pathways available for their children to pursue after high school graduation.
- Promote youth apprenticeship, dual enrollment and internship opportunities with local businesses.
- Pilot a program to connect K-12 guidance counselors and post-secondary institutions to discuss degrees, programs and/or certifications that exist for in-demand industries.
- Strengthen and support each school district’s model to partner with their local businesses.
- Develop an equipment evaluation tool to determine Waukesha County schools’ manufacturing and technical education equipment needs.
- Form a health care speaker’s bureau to streamline the process for school districts to request health care professional speakers for their classrooms.
- Support the Milwaukee 7’s “GROW HERE” campaign by encouraging businesses and educational institutions to participate in career-based learning experiences.
The Waukesha County Business Alliance is proud to announce that four students at Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) will be the recipients of the Alliance’s Schools2Skills™ Scholarship for the 2021-2022 school year. The Schools2Skills™ Scholarship is given through the WCTC Foundation with its primary purpose to promote education related to manufacturing jobs. The scholarship specifically recognizes WCTC […]
The Alliance continues to collaborate with counties across the state to strengthen talent partnerships. Most recently, Vice President of Talent Development Robyn Ludtke represented the Milwaukee 7 region at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s Career Readiness event. In addition, Robyn presented at the Wisconsin Economic Development Association’s (WEDA) annual Workforce and Economic Development Conference […]
Now that students are almost two months into the 2021-2022 school year, the Alliance is excited to provide an update on our business education programming which has ramped up for the school year. Below represents just a portion of the programs we’ve hosted over the last several weeks. Careers Uncovered: VJS Construction Services opened its […]
Another session of Leadership Waukesha County is officially underway! The fall cohort will spend the next 10 weeks gaining tools, processes and inspiration to enhance their leadership skills to be effective leaders in the community and their careers. Thank you to Ruekert & Mielke for hosting the cohort’s orientation day and to CentroMotion for providing […]
The Alliance hosted more than 25 CEOs for a roundtable discussion with state leaders yesterday on the critical topic of workforce and hiring. Waukesha County business leaders were joined by Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) Secretary Missy Hughes, Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) Secretary Joel Brennan and Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Secretary Amy […]
The Waukesha County Business Alliance has announced the five winners of its Emerging Leaders of Waukesha County awards program. These awards celebrate young professionals who live or work in Waukesha County and who have shown personal initiative, determination and commitment to their careers and their community. Tomorrow’s leaders are taking steps today to build a […]
The Alliance, the Center for Growth and Waukesha County schools are focused on making sure our high school graduates are prepared for all the opportunities that exist for them after high school, whether that involves going straight to a higher education institution or joining the workforce right away.
Dr. Ronald Russ
School District of Merton Community – Arrowhead Feeder District
KHS USA, Inc.
Catholic Memorial High School
ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital
VJS Construction Services
Waukesha County Board of Supervisors
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Dyslexia Achievement Center LLC – Elm Grove
Tailored Label Products, Inc.
School District of Elmbrook
School District of Waukesha
Johnson Financial Group
Kohl’s Department Store
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Dr. Phylis King
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
Dr. Ann Marie Krause-Hanson
Waukesha County Technical College
Wisconsin Lutheran High School
United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
SPX Transformer Solutions, Inc.
DeWitt Ross & Stevens SC
Waukesha Metal Products
Michael R. Sekula