We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to develop our future workforce by connecting K-12 and post-secondary institutions with businesses in order to expose students to all the career opportunities in Waukesha County and the region.
- Expose students to career opportunities in Waukesha County by hosting the Manufacturing the Future Expo, the Discover Health Care Expo, Mini Business World, Kids Building Wisconsin-Waukesha, Schools2Skills tours and more.
- Expand Careers Uncovered to bring educators into businesses to tour, interact with business leadership and enhance the Academic & Career Planning process.
- Launch the Workforce Readiness Dashboard for Waukesha County school districts to assess K-12 workforce skills development.
- Host quarterly superintendent/president roundtables to connect educational leaders with local business leaders.
- Create a program to educate parents about career pathways available for their children to pursue after high school graduation.
- Promote youth apprenticeship, dual enrollment and internship opportunities with local businesses.
- Pilot a program to connect K-12 guidance counselors and post-secondary institutions to discuss degrees, programs and/or certifications that exist for in-demand industries.
- Strengthen and support each school district’s model to partner with their local businesses.
- Develop an equipment evaluation tool to determine Waukesha County schools’ manufacturing and technical education equipment needs.
- Form a health care speaker’s bureau to streamline the process for school districts to request health care professional speakers for their classrooms.
- Support the Milwaukee 7’s “GROW HERE” campaign by encouraging businesses and educational institutions to participate in career-based learning experiences.
Educators from around Waukesha County came together for the Alliance’s Careers Uncovered program hosted by Generac on Monday, January 23. Educators had the opportunity to hear from leaders representing marketing, finance, industrial design, engineering, sales, logistics, and manufacturing to better understand how each department supports a product of Generac. Through one-on-one conversations, business leaders and […]
Last week, the Waukesha County Business Alliance and the Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC) Foundation hosted Mini Business World at Carroll University. The goal of the program is to provide students with a stronger understanding of what it takes to start a business, the power of the free enterprise system, and ultimately leave with a […]
With manufacturing and construction being driver industries in Waukesha County, the Alliance was proud to ignite students’ passion for the trades through an interactive and engaging expo. Experience the Trades provided nearly 1,500 middle and high school students the opportunity to meet 38 local manufacturing and construction employers. Students got to ‘try on’ the trades […]
In partnership with the Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce Foundation and Carroll University, the Alliance is excited to once again host Mini Business World. Waukesha County high school students are invited to interact with students from other school districts and leave with a stronger understanding of what it takes to start and run a business. Students […]
Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow, the Waukesha County Business Alliance and the Waukesha County Center for Growth have announced the winners for the 2022 Waukesha County Awards. The awards recognize top-performing businesses and nonprofit organizations which have a significant presence in Waukesha County and are making our community a great place to work, play and […]
The Waukesha County Business Alliance has announced the five winners of its Emerging Leaders of Waukesha County awards program. These awards celebrate young professionals who live or work in Waukesha County and who have shown personal initiative, determination and commitment to their careers and their community. Tomorrow’s leaders are taking steps today to build a […]
The Alliance, the Center for Growth and Waukesha County schools are focused on making sure our high school graduates are prepared for all the opportunities that exist for them after high school, whether that involves going straight to a higher education institution or joining the workforce right away.
Catholic Memorial High School
Dr. Ronald Russ
School District of Merton Community – Arrowhead Feeder District
KHS USA, Inc.
ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital
UWM at Waukesha
VJS Construction Services
Waukesha County Board of Supervisors
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Tailored Label Products, Inc.
School District of Elmbrook
School District of Waukesha
Superior Crane Corp
Johnson Financial Group
Kohl’s Department Store
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
Wisconsin Lutheran High School
United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
SPX Transformer Solutions, Inc.
DeWitt Ross & Stevens SC
Waukesha Metal Products
Waukesha County Technical College
Michael R. Sekula