We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to attract talent to our area and show why southeast Wisconsin is a great place to work, live and play.
- Gather data on where Waukesha County companies source talent to help inform a talent attraction strategy for the county.
- Support the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s (WEDC) campaign to attract veterans to live and work in Wisconsin.
- Support Waukesha County’s Neighborhoods Initiative to develop life cycle housing in the county.
- Promote WEDC’s “Think. Make. Happen.” campaign to market Wisconsin to residents of other states.
- Participate in YPWeek 2019 to showcase Waukesha County and the state of Wisconsin to young professionals.
- Develop and promote collateral to showcase the benefits of living, working and playing in Waukesha County and our region.
As the 2019-2020 school year comes to a close, we could not be more proud of the strength and resilience our business & education partnerships have shown. While we understand the end of the school year brought a multitude challenges, this past academic year was also filled with numerous opportunities to develop our future workforce […]
Hundreds of middle and high school students attended the Alliance’s annual Discovering Health Care Expo at Carroll University. Waukesha County students participated in various hands-on, interactive activities like learning how to use physical therapy tests, blood testing equipment, following proper procedures to dress like a surgeon, and more. The health care industry continues to face […]
On Thursday, February 6, more than 1,000 fifth through eighth graders came to Milwaukee Tool for the second annual Kids Building Wisconsin – Waukesha Expo. Students gained exposure to career opportunities in the construction industry through interactive activities run by forty different construction and skilled trades companies. Activities included: working in a mock demolition room, […]
One of the Alliance’s top workforce development policy priorities in 2020 is supporting programs that assist targeted populations to enter or re-enter the workforce. Earlier this week, the Alliance was proud to attend a special program of the Joseph Project, which included a roundtable discussion led by Jared Kushner, senior advisor to President Trump, U.S. Senator Ron […]
As we reflect on 2019, we are proud to report that our business and education partnerships are stronger than ever. This past year was filled with numerous opportunities to develop our future workforce by connecting businesses and educational institutions. The following is just a portion of the work completed in 2019. Thank you to all […]
Workforce development is the number one issue facing Waukesha County, the Milwaukee 7 region and our state. One of the Alliance’s 2019 Policy Agenda priorities is to support state and regional efforts to implement a talent attraction program. The state’s workforce is aging rapidly – 605,947 Wisconsin workers were 55 and older in 2015. Over the […]