We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to attract talent to our area and show why southeast Wisconsin is a great place to work, live and play.
- Gather data on where Waukesha County companies source talent to help inform a talent attraction strategy for the county.
- Support the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s (WEDC) campaign to attract veterans to live and work in Wisconsin.
- Support Waukesha County’s Neighborhoods Initiative to develop life cycle housing in the county.
- Promote WEDC’s “Think. Make. Happen.” campaign to market Wisconsin to residents of other states.
- Participate in YPWeek 2019 to showcase Waukesha County and the state of Wisconsin to young professionals.
- Develop and promote collateral to showcase the benefits of living, working and playing in Waukesha County and our region.
The Alliance joined 50 chambers of commerce from across the state – including Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, the state chamber – in sending a letter to Gov. Tony Evers and lawmakers urging them to end federal pandemic related unemployment benefit programs that are contributing to Wisconsin’s workforce shortage, and instead use American Rescue Plan funds […]
This week, Waukesha County Technical College hosted tours of its Integrated Manufacturing Center for Alliance manufacturing members. The tours provided an opportunity to strengthen the partnership between manufacturers and WCTC, further supporting the pipeline of talent in Waukesha County. To learn more about WCTC’s manufacturing programs and training, click here.
Over the last month, the Alliance has hosted superintendent / president roundtables for business leaders to hear from Waukesha County Technical College President Rich Barnhouse and School District of Waukesha Superintendent Jim Sebert. The Alliance welcomes future opportunities to connect the business community with our education partners.
As our region continues to rebuild and recover, workforce development efforts to develop, attract and retain talent remains a top priority for the Alliance. As we celebrate Career & Technical Education (CTE) month, we want to remind members of the importance of the collaboration between education and business to fill future talent pipeline needs. The […]
Governor Tony Evers has proclaimed February as Career and Technical Education (CTE) Month in Wisconsin to highlight the state’s efforts to develop students for a wide-range of careers, post-secondary education, or both. According to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, during the 2019-20 school year, 64 percent of high school juniors and seniors took at least one […]
As the 2019-2020 school year comes to a close, we could not be more proud of the strength and resilience our business & education partnerships have shown. While we understand the end of the school year brought a multitude challenges, this past academic year was also filled with numerous opportunities to develop our future workforce […]