We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to attract talent to our area and show why Waukesha County and our region is a great place to work, live and play.
- Partner with Milwaukee 7 and other regional groups to launch CONNECT Talent, an initiative to attract and connect the talent pipeline of skilled labor in the greater Milwaukee area.
- Gather data on where Waukesha County companies source talent to help inform a talent attraction strategy for the county.
- Promote the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s “Think. Make. Happen.” campaign to market Wisconsin to residents of other states.
- Participate in YPWeek 2018 to showcase Waukesha County and the state of Wisconsin to young professionals.
- Develop and promote collateral to showcase the benefits of living, working and playing in Waukesha County, including community profiles and a quality of life piece.
The number one concern we hear from the business community is workforce. In a survey we conducted in 2017, 67% of businesses in Waukesha County report finding a skilled workforce to be the primary challenge they face when starting or growing their business. It’s time for us to address that.