We believe there are three tenets that make up a comprehensive workforce development strategy: developing our future workforce through partnerships with educational institutions, attracting new talent to our area and retaining and skilling up our existing workforce.
We work to attract talent to our area and show why southeast Wisconsin is a great place to work, live and play.
- Gather data on where Waukesha County companies source talent to help inform a talent attraction strategy for the county.
- Support the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s (WEDC) campaign to attract veterans to live and work in Wisconsin.
- Support Waukesha County’s Neighborhoods Initiative to develop life cycle housing in the county.
- Promote WEDC’s “Think. Make. Happen.” campaign to market Wisconsin to residents of other states.
- Participate in YPWeek 2019 to showcase Waukesha County and the state of Wisconsin to young professionals.
- Develop and promote collateral to showcase the benefits of living, working and playing in Waukesha County and our region.
By: Steve Janke, Statewide Veterans Field Representative, Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs The Alliance met with Steve Janke in 2018 and looks forward to partnering with the Department of Veterans Affairs and other organizations on efforts to employ veterans. On August 24, 2018, Wisconsin launched a national campaign to encourage transitioning military personnel and […]
On January 22, the Alliance participated in the Waukesha County Neighborhoods Initiative Visioning Session, along with a group of 40 other industry leaders.
The number one concern we hear from the business community is workforce. In a survey we conducted in 2017, 67% of businesses in Waukesha County report finding a skilled workforce to be the primary challenge they face when starting or growing their business. It’s time for us to address that.