Ribbon Cuttings & Groundbreakings
The Alliance is proud to partner with member organizations to assist with ribbon cutting and ground breaking ceremonies. Ribbon cuttings are typically held for new businesses or existing businesses that are celebrating a new building, remodel or renovation.
The Alliance supports member businesses by inviting public officials, Alliance staff and Ambassadors to attend; promoting the ribbon cutting on the Alliance website, providing the ribbon and scissors and submitting a photo to the local media.
A few tips for successful ribbon cutting or groundbreaking ceremonies:
- Contact the Alliance at least 2-3 weeks before desired date/time of event
- If possible, wait to select a final date/time until after speaking with the Alliance (to avoid conflicts with other Alliance programs)
- Invite others to attend, including vendors, clients, employees, etc.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during normal business hours are usually the most well-attended.
- Refreshments are optional but are a nice touch.
Contact the Alliance at 262-542-4249 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.