Young Professionals of Waukesha County
Grow. Connect. Belong.
Are you early in your career, or feel like you’re still mapping out your career goals? Are you in your 20’s or 30’s and looking to build your professional community? Are you looking for professional development opportunities to help you get to the next stage in your career?
Join other young professionals in Waukesha County to get to know each other, access professional development opportunities and build lasting connections with each other and the community. We are the next generation of leaders in Waukesha County—build your network now to enrich your career and personal life for years to come.
- Professional Development programs – Meet our YP group to develop your professional skills to move forward in your career.
- Pro-tip: Invite a friend or coworker to the program to help you feel comfortable networking and help others you know develop themselves professionally. These programs are a great opportunity to get to know coworkers outside of the normal office setting.
- Executive Chat series – Chat with local business leaders to learn how they rose to the top and what helped them get there. Get advice from Waukesha County’s C-suite executives on how you can achieve the results you want in your career.
- Pro-tip: Research the speaker ahead of time and be familiar with their background. Come with questions, discuss key takeaways with other attendees and message the speaker and attendees you met after the event and thank them for their time.
- Emerging Leaders of Waukesha County – This annual awards program honors YPs who live or work in Waukesha County and who are creating and inspiring a better vision for the future. We celebrate the strides the award recipients are taking to further themselves personally and professionally by showing initiative, determination and commitment.
- YPWeek – Along with other communities across the country, we participate in NEWaukee’s annual YPWeek. YPWeek is a week-long, national initiative to unite a national network of young professionals and aspiring community leaders to learn and grow from one another. We offer multiple programs in partnership with other organizations in Waukesha County during this week to bring YPs together and build lasting connections with each other and the community.
- YPSocial – Meet our YP Committee for a casual happy hour every other month at different locations around Waukesha County. Get to know each other and build your network.
- Pro-tip: Introduce yourself to a few people you’ve never met. Ask questions like: “how did you decide to do what you do?”, “what’s your favorite thing to do?”, and “what’s your story?”. Then give your answers.
- Access volunteer opportunities to get involved with the Waukesha County nonprofit community and make a difference in our area.
- Subscribe to our YP newsletter to learn more about upcoming programs, and more!
Participation in the Young Professionals of Waukesha County group is offered to YPs at no additional cost when your company is a member of the Alliance. There may be registration fees associated with individual YP programs.
Achieving a balanced work and personal life looks different for everyone. Stress associated with unbalanced lifestyles can be costly, to both productivity and health. Learn how Jack Riesch, Owner of R&R Insurance maintains a healthy balance in his own life.
January 23, 2020, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Join the Young Professionals of Waukesha County for a special YP Day! Dedicated to bringing the YP community together, this “day” will feature a series of webinars and provide an opportunity to hear how area executives have been impacted by the COVID- 19 pandemic. Learn more about what is needed to assist the business community in reopening and rebuilding Waukesha County.
Looking for a fun way to break-up your afternoon and hear from a local restaurant as they navigate business during the pandemic? Join us for a virtual behind-the-scenes with I.d. – Delafield’s popular shared plate restaurant inspired by creative dishes and delicious drinks.
I.d.’s Head Chef will talk through select recipes as well as navigating summer farmers markets safely. Wine pairings for the Chef’s recipes will be shared by a Sommelier, in addition to other great finds for summer. I.d.’s General Manager will conclude with an update on the restaurant industry and outline how I.d. has been impacted.
June 16, 2020
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Join us for an Executive Chat with entrepreneur and philanthropist, Jim Lindenberg. Jim is known for being a pillar in the community and has owned and managed numerous companies, including the Union House Restaurant, Lindy Enterprises, and Master Z’s. Learn more about how Jim built his enterprise and what he’s learned along the way. This program will also include the opportunity to network virtually with your peers.
August 18, 2020
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
October 20, 2020, Time TBA