Young Professionals of Waukesha County
Join other young professionals in Waukesha County to get to know each other, access professional development opportunities and build lasting connections with each other and the community. We are the next generation of leaders in Waukesha County—build your network now to enrich your career and personal life for years to come.
- YP Professional Development programs
- Meet our YP group four times a year to develop your professional skills to move forward in your career.
- Pro-tip: Invite a friend or coworker to the program to help you feel comfortable networking and help others you know develop themselves professionally. These programs are a great opportunity to get to know coworkers outside of the normal office setting.
- YP Executive Chat series
- Chat with local business leaders to learn how they rose to the top and what helped them get there. Get advice from Waukesha County’s C-suite executives on how you can achieve the results you want in your career.
- Pro-tip: Research the speaker ahead of time and be familiar with their background. Come with questions, discuss key takeaways with other attendees and message the speaker and attendees you met after the event and thank them for their time.
- YP Leadership workshops
- We are the next generation of leaders in Waukesha County—come to our leadership workshops twice a year to develop your leadership skills and pursue personal and professional growth.
- Pro-tip: Come with an open mind. Good leadership starts with an introspective look at your strengths and weaknesses. Be ready to take a hard look at yourself, what you do well and what you could do better.
- Emerging Leaders of Waukesha County awards program
- This annual awards program honors YPs who live or work in Waukesha County and who are creating and inspiring a better vision for the future. We celebrate the strides the award recipients are taking to further themselves personally and professionally by showing initiative, determination and commitment.
- Along with other counties in Wisconsin, we participate in NEWaukee’s annual YPWeek. YPWeek is a week-long, state-wide initiative to bring attention to YPs in the workplace and the issues that matter to them. We offer multiple programs in partnership with other organizations in Waukesha County during this week to bring YPs together and build lasting connections with each other and the community.
- Get to Know Your County networking programs
- Meet our YP Committee for a free, casual networking program every other month at different locations around Waukesha County. Get to know each other and build your network.
- Pro-tip: Introduce yourself to a few people you’ve never met. Ask questions like: “how did you decide to do what you do?”, “what’s your favorite thing to do?”, and “what’s your story?”. Then give your answers.
- Access volunteer opportunities to get involved with the Waukesha County nonprofit community and make a difference in our area.
- Subscribe to our monthly YP newsletter containing relevant professional development articles, recognition of local YPs who are impacting our community, available volunteer opportunities, upcoming programs, etc.
Participation in the Young Professionals of Waukesha County group is offered to YPs at no additional cost when your company is a member of the Alliance. There may be registration fees associated with individual YP programs.
Milwaukee is an up-and-coming technology and innovation hub, with Northwestern Mutual (NML) leading the charge. Learn how NML is connecting with creative thinkers, digital innovators and the start-up community to provide individuals with time and space to innovate, experiment and become entrepreneurs.
November 13, 2018, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.