The Waukesha County Manufacturing Alliance serves as a platform for manufacturers to share ideas, encourage innovation, work together to transform the image of manufacturing and target new talent. The Manufacturing Alliance was formed in 2010 in response to the critical needs of our manufacturers, who account for 20% of industry — or 1 in 5 jobs — in Waukesha County.
Here are some programs of the Manufacturing Alliance:
- Manufacturing Executive Council – The Manufacturing Executive Council is comprised of manufacturing leaders who set the strategic direction for the work of the Waukesha County Manufacturing Alliance – working to raise the profile of manufacturing in Waukesha County, share best practices and attract a talented pipeline of skilled labor.
- OpEx tours – The Waukesha County Business Alliance hosts Operational Excellence tours for its Manufacturing Alliance members. Company leaders come together to tour a manufacturer in Waukesha County to share best practices, offer leadership level learning opportunities and foster a strong manufacturing environment in southeast Wisconsin.
- HREx programs – The Waukesha County Business Alliance hosts an HR Excellence Series for its Manufacturing Alliance members to share best practices, offer leadership level learning opportunities and foster a strong manufacturing environment in Waukesha County. Manufacturing human resources professionals from around Waukesha County hear from a guest speaker on the topics that most affect their work day-to-day. Attendees share best practices, questions and ideas through a facilitated roundtable discussion on the speaker’s topic following the presentation.
- Schools2Skills™ Manufacturing tours – Schools2Skills™ Manufacturing gives Waukesha County middle and high school students the opportunity to tour local manufacturers and see firsthand the innovative and advanced technology right here in southeast Wisconsin. Schools2Skills™ Manufacturing is dedicated to educating students about what the manufacturing industry has to offer, showing them that a career in manufacturing allows those with highly technical skills to excel and succeed.
- Careers Uncovered – Careers Uncovered is a new program designed to help Waukesha County educators learn more about the career pathways offered in Waukesha County’s key industries. Educators visit a local company to learn about the career pathways available in the industry, tour the company and network with employees from all areas of business operations and have a roundtable discussion with company leadership. The experience concludes with educators working together to reflect and put together an action plan to apply the knowledge they gained to assist with the academic and career planning process.
- Manufacturing the Future Expo – The Manufacturing the Future Expo is an annual career expo that brings in 800 high school students to learn about career opportunities and pathways in manufacturing.
If you’re interested in learning more about this group, contact the Alliance.
Originating as a way to connect superintendents and teachers with local manufacturers, Schools2Skills™ quickly evolved into a platform for educating students about the career opportunities in manufacturing. Schools2Skills™ gives middle and high school students tours of local manufacturers to see firsthand the innovative and advanced technology available right here in southeast Wisconsin. To date, over 3,600 students have attended Schools2Skills™ […]
In support of Manufacturing Month, the Waukesha County Business Alliance was proud to host over 800 middle and high school students at the 2019 M.A.D.E. Career Expo. The interactive expo gives students the opportunity to learn about career pathways in manufacturing from area companies. As the number one contributor to Wisconsin’s economy, manufacturing produces more […]
Now that area students are one month in to the 2019-20 school year, the Alliance is officially kicking off our school year business and education programs.
Workforce development is the number one issue facing Waukesha County, the Milwaukee 7 region and our state. With record-low levels of unemployment in Wisconsin and an aging workforce, employers and workforce leaders recognize that criminal justice reform can improve both the labor market and life outcomes for people with criminal records. Supporting programs that assist […]
One of the Alliance’s 2019 policy objectives is to increase exports from Waukesha County and southeastern Wisconsin. In just the last five years, the EXIM Bank has helped nearly a dozen of our members export their products overseas. Learn more about EXIM here. Below is our letter of support. September 11, 2019 Senator Ron Johnson […]
As part of a comprehensive strategy to address the workforce issue, the Waukesha County Business Alliance is working to connect businesses and educational institutions. It’s important for us to work together to make sure students are both college- AND career-ready after high school graduation. Click here to watch the video. This video was originally shown […]
Waukesha® Metal Products
David Bahl Jr.
Weldall Manufacturing, Inc.
President and CEO
Sentry Equipment Corp
Betsy Bear Hoff
Alloy Products Corp
Pindel Global Precision
KHS USA, Inc.
Aries Industries, Inc.
President & CEO
Director of Operations
Firestone Building Products
Entrust Manufacturing Technologies, Inc.
Vice President of Operations
Felss Rotaform LLC
Denali Ingredients LLC
SR Vice President of Operations
Generac Power Systems, Inc.
KLH Industries, Inc.
Luis Hernandez, Jr.
Urethane Systems Plus Inc.
TLX Technologies LLC
Mathison Manufacturing, Inc.
Stanek Tool LLC
Engineering Specialists Inc
Chief Operating Officer
Power Test Inc.
Reich Tool & Design Inc
Universal Welding & Engineering Inc
New Berlin Plastics
Bevco Engineering Company, Inc.
Waukesha Site & Engineering Leader
INNIO Waukesha Gas Engines
Senior VP & General Manager
VP of Manufacturing
Sentry® Equipment Corp
Dynatect Manufacturing, Inc.
President, Power Systems Division
Eaton, Cooper Power Systems Division
First Business Bank
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Consolidated Construction Co Inc