The Waukesha County Manufacturing Alliance serves as a platform for manufacturers to share ideas, encourage innovation, work together to transform the image of manufacturing and target new talent. The Manufacturing Alliance was formed in 2010 in response to the critical needs of our manufacturers, who account for 20% of industry — or 1 in 5 jobs — in Waukesha County.
Here are some programs of the Manufacturing Alliance:
- Manufacturing Executive Council – The Manufacturing Executive Council is comprised of manufacturing leaders who set the strategic direction for the work of the Waukesha County Manufacturing Alliance – working to raise the profile of manufacturing in Waukesha County, share best practices and attract a talented pipeline of skilled labor.
- OpEx tours – The Waukesha County Business Alliance hosts Operational Excellence tours for its Manufacturing Alliance members. Company leaders come together to tour a manufacturer in Waukesha County to share best practices, offer leadership level learning opportunities and foster a strong manufacturing environment in southeast Wisconsin.
- HREx programs – The Waukesha County Business Alliance hosts an HR Excellence Series for its Manufacturing Alliance members to share best practices, offer leadership level learning opportunities and foster a strong manufacturing environment in Waukesha County. Manufacturing human resources professionals from around Waukesha County hear from a guest speaker on the topics that most affect their work day-to-day. Attendees share best practices, questions and ideas through a facilitated roundtable discussion on the speaker’s topic following the presentation.
- Schools2Skills™ Manufacturing tours – Schools2Skills™ Manufacturing gives Waukesha County middle and high school students the opportunity to tour local manufacturers and see firsthand the innovative and advanced technology right here in southeast Wisconsin. Schools2Skills™ Manufacturing is dedicated to educating students about what the manufacturing industry has to offer, showing them that a career in manufacturing allows those with highly technical skills to excel and succeed.
- Careers Uncovered – Careers Uncovered is a new program designed to help Waukesha County educators learn more about the career pathways offered in Waukesha County’s key industries. Educators visit a local company to learn about the career pathways available in the industry, tour the company and network with employees from all areas of business operations and have a roundtable discussion with company leadership. The experience concludes with educators working together to reflect and put together an action plan to apply the knowledge they gained to assist with the academic and career planning process.
- Manufacturing the Future Expo – The Manufacturing the Future Expo is an annual career expo that brings in 800 high school students to learn about career opportunities and pathways in manufacturing.
If you’re interested in learning more about this group, contact the Alliance.
One of the Alliance’s top workforce development policy priorities in 2020 is supporting programs that assist targeted populations to enter or re-enter the workforce. Earlier this week, the Alliance was proud to attend a special program of the Joseph Project, which included a roundtable discussion led by Jared Kushner, senior advisor to President Trump, U.S. Senator Ron […]
For several years, Alliance manufacturing companies have partnered with the Joseph Project, a career placement program endorsed by U.S. Senator Ron Johnson, in partnership with a team of local advocates dedicated to promoting empowerment in the City of Milwaukee. The program, run through Greater Praise Church of God in Christ on Milwaukee’s north side, provides […]
Originating as a way to connect superintendents and teachers with local manufacturers, Schools2Skills™ quickly evolved into a platform for educating students about the career opportunities in manufacturing. Schools2Skills™ gives middle and high school students tours of local manufacturers to see firsthand the innovative and advanced technology available right here in southeast Wisconsin. To date, over 3,600 students have attended Schools2Skills™ […]
In support of Manufacturing Month, the Waukesha County Business Alliance was proud to host over 800 middle and high school students at the 2019 M.A.D.E. Career Expo. The interactive expo gives students the opportunity to learn about career pathways in manufacturing from area companies. As the number one contributor to Wisconsin’s economy, manufacturing produces more […]
Now that area students are one month in to the 2019-20 school year, the Alliance is officially kicking off our school year business and education programs.
Workforce development is the number one issue facing Waukesha County, the Milwaukee 7 region and our state. With record-low levels of unemployment in Wisconsin and an aging workforce, employers and workforce leaders recognize that criminal justice reform can improve both the labor market and life outcomes for people with criminal records. Supporting programs that assist […]
Bevco Engineering Company, Inc.
David Bahl Jr.
Weldall Manufacturing, Inc.
President and CEO
Sentry Equipment Corp
Betsy Bear Hoff
Alloy Products Corp
Pindel Global Precision
KHS USA, Inc.
Aries Industries, Inc.
Waukesha® Metal Products
President & CEO
Schaefer Brush Manufacturing LLC
Vice President of Operations
Felss Rotaform LLC
Denali Ingredients LLC
SR Vice President of Operations
Generac Power Systems, Inc.
KLH Industries, Inc.
Luis Hernandez, Jr.
Urethane Systems Plus Inc.
TLX Technologies LLC
Mathison Manufacturing, Inc.
Stanek Tool LLC
Engineering Specialists Inc
Chief Operating Officer
Power Test Inc.
Reich Tool & Design Inc
Universal Welding & Engineering Inc
New Berlin Plastics
Waukesha Site & Engineering Leader
INNIO Waukesha Gas Engines
Senior VP & General Manager
VP of Manufacturing
Sentry® Equipment Corp
Dynatect Manufacturing, Inc.
President, Power Systems Division
Eaton, Cooper Power Systems Division
First Business Bank
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Consolidated Construction Co Inc