The Alliance provides a clear and persuasive voice for the business community and advocates for business-friendly legislation at local, state, and federal levels. Here are our 2020 areas of focus:
- Workforce development is the number one issue facing Waukesha County, the Milwaukee 7 region and our state. An Alliance survey found that 84 percent of Waukesha County employers plan to expand their workforce in the next three years, yet 76 percent are unable to find enough qualified workers. The Alliance is committed to developing, identifying and supporting policy solutions that strengthen our region’s talent pipeline.
- Recognizing that high quality schools are critical to developing educated citizens and a strong future workforce, the Alliance is focused on fostering effective business-education partnerships at all levels. We support Waukesha County students in being both college and career ready and helping families and educators understand job opportunities in the marketplace today and in the future.
- Waukesha County’s economic vitality depends on modern, safe and efficient infrastructure networks, from our transportation systems, to technology, to our water supply. In particular, we recognize the need for a sustainable funding solution to meet the critical transportation infrastructure needs of our state. The effective flow of goods, services and people is fundamental to business growth and a vibrant economy.
- The Alliance is a key partner in promoting economic development in Waukesha County. To enhance the work of the Waukesha County Center for Growth, the county’s economic development organization, we advocate for local, state and federal policies that support business growth and allow Wisconsin to remain competitive with other states. Waukesha County’s economy is inextricably linked to Milwaukee and the broader region – as such the Alliance is also an active participant in the efforts of the Milwaukee 7 to build a vibrant regional economy incorporating entrepreneurship, innovation and transformational technology.
- To ensure adequate resources are available to meet our most critical public needs, the Alliance supports policies that promote and increase government efficiencies and collaboration at all levels. We strive to serve as a resource that connects the public and private sectors in order to facilitate best practice sharing and problem solving.
We encourage our members to get involved and support our efforts to ensure a strong, pro-business climate in Waukesha County and its surroundings. If you are interested in joining a policy committee, please contact us.
View the complete 2020 Policy Agenda.
Share on Social Media
Sign up for newsletter updates