Recognizing that high quality schools are critical to developing educated citizens and a strong future workforce, the Alliance is focused on fostering effective business-education partnerships at all levels. We support Waukesha County students in being both college and career ready and helping families and educators understand job opportunities in the marketplace today and in the future.
2022 Policy Priorities:
- Support transferable credits among higher education institutions.
- Advocate for effective and flexible programs to address the staffing shortage in education.
- Support innovative and flexible programs that help students, parents and educators understand career opportunities and pathways.
- Support expansion of innovative post-secondary academic offerings in Waukesha County and the region.
- Advocate for increasing Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) education, including expansion of the Wisconsin’s Fabrication Laboratories (Fab Labs) Grant Program.
- Expand school accountability beyond traditional measures to include workforce development outcomes.
- Support collaboration among K-12 institutions to maximize course offerings and replicate best practices and curriculum development.
- Expand youth apprenticeship, dual enrollment, credit for prior learning and other opportunities for students to obtain career skills, experience and higher education credits. Support a seamless bridge between youth apprenticeship and registered apprenticeship.
- Advocate for policies that allow schools to remain agile and focus on the priorities listed above, particularly in response to the changing environment because of COVID 19.
Waukesha County Technical College students seeking to transfer credits to one of the state’s private, nonprofit colleges and universities will have a much easier time in the future thanks to a historic, comprehensive credit transfer agreement. More than a dozen popular introductory courses are included in the agreement, such as chemistry, psychology and speech. Under […]
Governor Evers signed AB 72 / SB 72 into law as Act 171 on March 3, 2020. The Alliance’s Education Policy Committee advocated for the bill, which expands Youth Apprenticeship (YA) programs in Wisconsin to include all 16 career clusters. YA gives high school juniors and seniors opportunities to work in targeted fields while obtaining […]
The Alliance is proud to announce that Governor Evers signed Assembly Bill 189 – streamlining the credit transfer between the University of Wisconsin system and Wisconsin technical colleges and universities. The Alliance’s Education Policy Committee publicly supported the bill via letters of support to legislators and committee chairs, and in-person testimony during a public hearing […]
The Wisconsin State Assembly passed Assembly Bill 189, led by State Rep. Scott Allen, (R-Waukesha), on Tuesday, sending it to Gov. Tony Evers for signing. The bill is intended to streamline credit transfer between the University of Wisconsin system, Wisconsin technical colleges, private colleges and universities, and tribal schools. Currently there are two credit transfer […]
The Waukesha County Business Alliance supports Assembly Bill 72, which would expand Youth Apprenticeship opportunities to students and employers in the areas of education/training, public safety, human services, business administration and government administration. Adding these occupations would mean that the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development would be offering curriculum in all 16 career clusters for Youth Apprenticeship.
The Alliance’s Education Policy Committee has long supported improving the transfer of credits among higher education institutions. On Thursday, September 12, the Alliance testified at the Assembly Committee on Colleges and Universities in support of two Assembly bills that advance these efforts: AB 189 and AB 371. Click here to watch the testimony from Robyn […]
Susan A. Marshall
Bank Five Nine-Oconomowoc-Wisconsin Avenue
Executive Power LLC
TLX Technologies, LLC
von Briesen & Roper, s.c.
Town Bank, a Wintrust Community Bank
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Lappley & Associates Ltd
Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin Inc
Tri-North Builders Inc
TopLine Results Corporation