Recognizing that high quality schools are critical to developing educated citizens and a strong future workforce, the Alliance is focused on fostering effective business-education partnerships at all levels. We support Waukesha County students in being both college and career ready and help families and educators understand job opportunities in the marketplace today and in the future.
Areas of support
- Support regional and state programs that help students, parents and educators better understand career opportunities and pathways.
- Promote expansion of youth apprenticeship, dual enrollment and other programs that help students obtain career skills and experience and/or receive higher education credits that reduce the time and cost of obtaining a post-secondary degree.
- Expand school accountability beyond traditional measures to include workforce development outcomes.
- Advocate for increasing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education at the K-12 level.
- Support expansion of innovative post-secondary academic offerings in Waukesha County and the region.
- Support policies that encourage collaboration among Waukesha County K-12 institutions to maximize course offerings and replicate best practices.
- Support transferable credits among higher education institutions.
- Advocate for effective and flexible programs to address the teacher shortage.
- The Alliance continues to support schools in the effective implementation of Academic and Career Plans (ACPs) by providing career awareness and exposure to students and fostering strong business/education partnerships.
- The recent merger between the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and University of Wisconsin-Waukesha provides the opportunity for expanded post-secondary offerings in Waukesha County that align with the needs of local employers.
- Innovative programs, such as micro-credentialing and certificates are of increasing interest to employers as they work to fill the talent pipeline quickly.
- Initiatives such as the state’s FabLab and Advanced Manufacturing Technical Education Equipment grant programs provide valuable opportunities for Waukesha County students to learn on real-world equipment and prepare them for success in the workplace.
The Alliance’s Education Policy Committee has long supported improving the transfer of credits among higher education institutions. On Thursday, September 12, the Alliance testified at the Assembly Committee on Colleges and Universities in support of two Assembly bills that advance these efforts: AB 189 and AB 371. Click here to watch the testimony from Robyn […]
With 78 partial vetoes, Governor Evers officially passed the Wisconsin 2019-21 state budget on July 2. The $82-billion budget included important priorities for Alliance members, including investments in transportation funding and K-12 education, as well as the proposed cuts to income taxes. The approved budget included a moderate income tax decrease, property tax levy limits […]
Now that the Wisconsin legislature has sent the state budget to Governor Evers, he has six days (not including Sunday, but including the Fourth of July) to either approve the budget as-is, line-item veto portions of it or veto it entirely.
Waukesha County schools wrapped up the school this month. Click to read about the Alliance’s work over the 2018-19 school year to develop our future workforce by connecting businesses and educational institutions.
The Alliance is supporting SB165, which would improve the transfer of credits among post-secondary institutions. In short, the bill would expand the current universal credit transfer agreement between the UW system and the Wisconsin Technical College System. Currently the UW system is required to have a set of 30 general education credits that transfer seamlessly […]
As part of a comprehensive strategy to address the workforce issue, the Waukesha County Business Alliance is working to connect businesses and educational institutions. It’s important for us to work together to make sure students are both college- AND career-ready after high school graduation. Click here to watch the video. This video was originally shown […]
Backbone Institute, LLC
ITU AbsorbTech, Inc.
Executive Power LLC
TLX Technologies, LLC
Tri-North Builders Inc
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
The Gund Company
DeWitt Ross & Stevens SC
Tri-North Builders Inc
TopLine Results Corporation
Human Capital Mentors