Support Waukesha County students in being both college and career ready. Ensure that they are informed consumers of education through awareness and engagement of all available post-secondary options. Prepare students to be successful in the job opportunities that exist in the marketplace, which supports the economic vitality of our region by providing businesses with a pipeline of skilled talent.
- Support schools in implementation of Academic Career Plans (ACPs) by providing the framework for business education partnerships throughout Waukesha County.
- Drive best practices among school districts by promoting and supporting the replication of programs of excellence.
- Connect with stakeholder groups, including students, parents, teachers, counselors and the broader community, to educate them about career opportunities and pathways available today.
- Highlight specific in-demand industries including manufacturing, construction/skilled trades, health care and information technology.
- Advocate for employability skills to become a part of the curriculum in every Waukesha County school district: communication, critical thinking and problem solving, personal responsibility, personal growth, lifelong learning and teamwork.
We encourage our members to get involved and support our efforts to ensure a strong, pro-business climate in Waukesha County and its surroundings. If you are interested in joining a policy committee, please contact us.
The Alliance’s Health Care committee works to bridge the gap between southeast Wisconsin’s health care providers and area students – the future workforce.
The Alliance’s Construction committee is focused on engaging area high schools and post-secondary schools in career pathways available in the construction and skilled trades industry.