Businesses in Waukesha County need a pipeline of skilled talent, and the Alliance works to build that by preparing students to be successful in the job opportunities that exist in the marketplace. The economic vitality of our region depends on it. We will support Waukesha County students in being both college and career ready by ensuring that students are informed consumers of education through awareness of all available post-secondary options.
- Accelerate workforce development by increasing access to higher education credits and credentials for students enrolled in high school.
- Support expansion of youth apprenticeship and internship opportunities.
- Advocate for increasing program offerings in STEM and other in-demand industries, including manufacturing, construction/skilled trades, health care and information technology.
- Improve articulation agreements among education institutions.
- Support collaboration among Waukesha County K-12 institutions to maximize course offerings and replicate best practices.
- Support schools in the effective implementation of Academic and Career Plans (ACPs).
We encourage our members to get involved and support our efforts to ensure a strong, pro-business climate in Waukesha County and its surroundings. If you are interested in joining a policy committee, please contact us.