The Alliance is a key partner in promoting economic development in Waukesha County. To enhance the work of the Waukesha County Center for Growth, the county’s economic development organization, we advocate for local, state and federal policies that support business growth and allow Wisconsin to remain competitive with other states. Waukesha County’s economy is inextricably linked to Milwaukee and the broader region – as such the Alliance is also an active participant in the efforts of the Milwaukee 7 to build a vibrant regional economy incorporating entrepreneurship, innovation and transformational technology.
2021 Policy Priorities:
- Support liability protections for employers against frivolous lawsuits related to COVID-19, as well as other policies that facilitate a positive economic recovery and response to the pandemic.
- Advocate for pro-business tax policies that allow Wisconsin to be competitive.
- Advocate for a pro-business regulatory climate that allows Wisconsin companies to compete more successfully on national and international playing fields.
- Promote the use and expansion of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) as an economic development tool for local municipalities.
- Promote Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) programs to drive economic growth, such as business tax credits, training grants, opportunity zones, etc.
- Promote policies and programs that increase exports and improve trade for Wisconsin businesses.
- Support policies that help companies automate, adopt new technology and operate effectively in a digital economy.
- Support entrepreneurship by connecting start-ups and early stage companies to resources such as Small Business Development Center (SBDC) services.
- Serve as an advisor and advocate for the Waukesha County Center for Growth and promote the organization’s GROW Fund.
The Alliance hosted more than 25 CEOs for a roundtable discussion with state leaders yesterday on the critical topic of workforce and hiring. Waukesha County business leaders were joined by Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) Secretary Missy Hughes, Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) Secretary Joel Brennan and Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Secretary Amy […]
The Alliance joined 50 chambers of commerce from across the state – including Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, the state chamber – in sending a letter to Gov. Tony Evers and lawmakers urging them to end federal pandemic related unemployment benefit programs that are contributing to Wisconsin’s workforce shortage, and instead use American Rescue Plan funds […]
Last week, the Alliance joined a coalition of 25+ organizations urging the U.S. Department of Transportation to support the timely reevaluation of the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and the reinstatement of the Record of Decision (ROD) for the I-94 East-West reconstruction and expansion project. In addition, the Alliance provided public comments in support of the […]
Employer On-Site Vaccine Clinic Requests Due This WednesdayBeginning this week, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) is opening a process for vaccinators to request a dedicated vaccine supply for employer-based closed clinics. The vaccinator will need to submit information, such as the location, timeframe, and number of doses, to seek approval from DHS. Requests […]
The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) – Office of Skills Development (OSD) has released a new Technical Education Equipment Grant Program Announcement (GPA). Under the Expanded Wisconsin Fast Forward (WFF) program, up to $559,400 in grant funds is available to Wisconsin school districts to train students for careers in advanced manufacturing. The purpose of the […]
Governor Tony Evers has signed Special Session Senate Bill 1 into law, which protects businesses, schools, nonprofits and others from COVID-19 litigation. The bill also begins the process of upgrading the state’s unemployment computer infrastructure. Since last summer, the Alliance has advocated for COVID-19 liability protection for organizations, and it is one of the top priorities […]
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Ann Barry Hanneman
von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.
BMO Harris Bank
Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership
CIBM Bank – Brookfield
First Business Bank
VJS Construction Services
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
Tetra Defense Inc.
Judson & Associates S.C.
Waukesha State Bank
Engauge Workforce Solutions
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
Oak Hill Business Partners
Harwood Engineering Consultants
Pappas Delaney LLC
Ehlers & Associates Inc.
Stier Construction, Inc.
First Internet Bank