The Alliance is a key partner in promoting economic development in Waukesha County. To enhance the work of the Waukesha County Center for Growth, the county’s economic development organization, we advocate for local, state and federal policies that support business growth and allow Wisconsin to remain competitive with other states. Waukesha County’s economy is inextricably linked to Milwaukee and the broader region – as such the Alliance is also an active participant in the efforts of the Milwaukee 7 to build a vibrant regional economy incorporating entrepreneurship, innovation and transformational technology.
2021 Policy Priorities:
- Support liability protections for employers against frivolous lawsuits related to COVID-19, as well as other policies that facilitate a positive economic recovery and response to the pandemic.
- Advocate for pro-business tax policies that allow Wisconsin to be competitive.
- Advocate for a pro-business regulatory climate that allows Wisconsin companies to compete more successfully on national and international playing fields.
- Promote the use and expansion of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) as an economic development tool for local municipalities.
- Promote Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) programs to drive economic growth, such as business tax credits, training grants, opportunity zones, etc.
- Promote policies and programs that increase exports and improve trade for Wisconsin businesses.
- Support policies that help companies automate, adopt new technology and operate effectively in a digital economy.
- Support entrepreneurship by connecting start-ups and early stage companies to resources such as Small Business Development Center (SBDC) services.
- Serve as an advisor and advocate for the Waukesha County Center for Growth and promote the organization’s GROW Fund.
The Waukesha County Business Alliance is encouraging state legislators to co-sponsor LRB-6434/2 circulated by Senator Kapenga, Representative Born, and Representative Knodl on September 1, 2020. The bill would create a safe harbor for all property owners/occupants who are good actors against frivolous lawsuits alleging a plaintiff was infected with COVID-19 at a specific premises. Below […]
On Tuesday, March 3, Governor Evers signed AB 532, now 2019 Wisconsin Act 136, to enhance the federal Opportunity Zone program in the state of Wisconsin. The Alliance joined the Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA) to advocate in support of the bill. Under the Opportunity Zone program, low-income community census tracts were used to determine […]
Legislation advances to Governor’s office for approval Assembly Bill 532, which the Alliance has supported, has passed the Assembly and Senate and advanced to Governor Evers for signature. This important legislation aims to connect Wisconsin’s most economically challenged communities with private capital that is necessary to drive economic growth and job creation. Assembly Bill 532, […]
In partnership with the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC), the Alliance recently hosted a Waukesha Area Transit Roundtable for employers. At the request of Waukesha County and the City of Waukesha, SEWRPC is currently preparing a 5-year transit plan to evaluate the existing transit services, analyze changes that could be made, and make recommendations […]
Last month, the Alliance and several of our member organizations and municipal partners participated in the Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA) 2020 Legislative Day. The day brings together economic development professionals from around the state to advocate on important issues such as TIF, opportunity zones and workforce housing. The day included discussion and advocacy on […]
Authored by: Jeff HoffmanJeff is past chair of the Waukesha County Business Alliance Policy Board and a Principal with Cushman & Wakefield | Boerke The state of Wisconsin continues to capture significant investment from global business leaders. Economic wins in the past 12 months alone include companies such as Milwaukee Electric Tool, Oshkosh Corporation and […]
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Ann Barry Hanneman
von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.
BMO Harris Bank
Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership
CIBM Bank – Brookfield
VJS Construction Services
U.S. Bank – Sussex
Tri-North Builders, Inc.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
Tetra Defense Inc.
Judson & Associates S.C.
Waukesha State Bank
First Citizens State Bank
Engauge Workforce Solutions
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
Oak Hill Business Partners
Harwood Engineering Consultants
Pappas Delaney LLC
Ehlers & Associates Inc.
Stier Construction, Inc.