The Alliance is a key partner in promoting economic development in Waukesha County. To enhance the work of the Waukesha County Center for Growth, the county’s economic development organization, we advocate for local, state and federal policies that support business growth and allow Wisconsin to remain competitive with other states. Waukesha County’s economy is inextricably linked to Milwaukee and the broader region – as such the Alliance is also an active participant in the efforts of the Milwaukee 7 to build a vibrant regional economy incorporating entrepreneurship, innovation and transformational technology.
2022 Policy Priorities:
- Advocate for pro-business tax policies that allow Wisconsin to be competitive.
- Advocate for a pro-business regulatory climate that allows Wisconsin to compete more successfully on national and international playing fields.
- Serve as an advisor and advocate for the Waukesha County Center for Growth and promote the organization’s GROW Fund.
- Support Wisconsin’s Manufacturing and Agriculture Tax Credit.
- Promote the use and expansion of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) as an economic development tool for local municipalities.
- Promote Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) programs that drive economic growth and align incentives to emerging strategies to address workforce shortage, such as automation.
- Increase exports and improve trade for Wisconsin businesses.
- Support entrepreneurship by connecting start-ups and early-stage companies to resources such as Small Business Development Center (SBDC) services.
- Support liability protections for employers against frivolous lawsuits related to COVID-19.
- Support policies that facilitate a positive economic recovery to the pandemic and ongoing challenges.
The Alliance has long supported completion of the I-94 East-West corridor between 16th Street and 70th Street through modernization and expansion of the corridor. Last year, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) announced it was proceeding with a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) using recent data and additional public input. The department continues to analyze […]
Government, business, nonprofit, and other leaders came together on March 9 to celebrate the launch of FlexRide Milwaukee. FlexRide Milwaukee is helping people who take city buses get to their jobs more easily. The Alliance’s Senior Vice President of Public Policy Amanda Payne was recently interviewed by CBS58 to discuss the program along with other partners. Amanda […]
As we kick off 2022, Waukesha County businesses are optimistic about growth. Despite the ongoing pandemic, a Waukesha County business survey from fall of 2021 reported that more than 79 percent of businesses plan to expand in the next three years. These results are on par with prior years, including 82 percent in 2019 and […]
A national award-winning proposal from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is targeted at addressing two problems — one of them fairly recent and one chronic. The recent problem is the labor shortage that afflicts many businesses trying to come out of the pandemic. The chronic problem is getting unemployed workers in Milwaukee to jobs in the suburbs, particularly […]
WisDOT is hosting Public Involvement Meetings this week regarding the I-94 East-West Freeway Corridor Study from 70th Street to 16th Street. Completion of the I-94 East-West project has been a longtime policy priority of the Alliance. The corridor is one of the most heavily traveled corridors for business, commercial and personal traffic and key to […]
For the last several years, the Waukesha County Business Survey has been conducted in cooperation with the Waukesha County Business Alliance, Waukesha County Center for Growth, Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington (WOW) Workforce Development Board and Waukesha County. The data from this year’s survey was obtained by surveying Waukesha County employers from July 2021 through August 2021. Respondents included […]
Ann Barry Hanneman
von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
VJS Construction Services
Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.
BMO Harris Bank
Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership
First Business Bank
Zimmerman Architectural Studios
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
Cushman & Wakefield | Boerke
Tetra Defense Inc.
Judson & Associates S.C.
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
Waukesha State Bank
Engauge Workforce Solutions
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
Oak Hill Business Partners
Ehlers & Associates Inc.
Stier Construction, Inc.
First Internet Bank