Waukesha County ranks as one of Wisconsin’s most economically vibrant counties, fueled by more than 232,000 employees who work at a diverse range of businesses, from Fortune 100 companies to sole proprietorships. The county’s low unemployment rate, below 3% in 2017, points to its economic success as well as its major challenge. Workforce will be an area of focus for the Alliance, while continuing to advocate for tax and regulatory reforms to enhance our business climate.
- Work with the Waukesha County Center for Growth, Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington (WOW) Workforce Development, Milwaukee 7 and other partners to implement talent attraction, retention and development strategies to meet the needs of our employers. To learn more, see our 2018 Workforce Development Strategy.
- Support implementation of Waukesha County’s Business Growth Strategy, including the creation of a collaborative fund to enhance our county’s economic development toolbox.
- Advocate for tax and regulatory measures that promote business expansion and retention.
- Advance efforts to promote government efficiencies between various agencies at the state, county and municipal levels.
- Support policy tools, such as Tax Incremental Financing (TIF), that allow Wisconsin to remain competitive with other states in business attraction and expansion.
- Serve as an advisor and advocate for the Waukesha County Center for Growth.
We encourage our members to get involved and support our efforts to ensure a strong, pro-business climate in Waukesha County and its surroundings. If you are interested in joining a policy committee, please contact us.
BMO Harris Bank
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.
Ann Barry Hanneman
von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership
VJS Construction Services
J.H. Findorff & Son Inc.
Huntington National Bank
Johnson Financial Group
Judson & Associates S.C.
Phoenix Financial Advisors LLC
Waukesha State Bank
First Citizens State Bank
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
Nissen Staffing Continuum Inc
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
MSI General Corporation
ActionCOACH Business Coaching
R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
Meta4 Marketing & Communication
Husch Blackwell LLP
von Briesen & Roper, s.c.