Support business, expand connections and put your detail-oriented planning strengths to work! The Waukesha County Business Alliance is looking for a dynamic individual with strong project management skills to join our team and advance the Alliance’s workforce development strategy. Our talent development efforts focus on fostering effective business-education partnerships to support career awareness and attract, develop and retain talent in southeastern Wisconsin.
Summary: The Talent Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the success of talent development programs hosted by the Waukesha County Business Alliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with K-12 district leaders and businesses to understand the needs and support the development of career-based learning experiences/programs.
- Build relationships with schools and workforce development resources and use this expertise to provide recommendations for future talent development programs.
- Plan and execute talent development programs under the guidance of the Vice President of Talent Development: 1. Participate in planning committees that support the programs and initiatives, 2. Be available to attend programs as needed and assigned, 3. Provide assistance and backup to the Vice President of Talent Development.
- Support the Alliance’s Business/Education Steering Council and related subcommittees and activities.
- Coordinate and implement the Alliance’s Business/Education Partnerships programs; such as: Schools2Skills™ Tours, Many Futures in Health Care Expo, MADE Career Expo, Careers Uncovered, Mini Business World, Kids Building Wisconsin, others as assigned.
- Prepare program timelines for confirmed programs and check in with task owners to keep planning on schedule.
- Enter and maintain/update program information in the Alliance database.
- Assist with the programs logistics for programs.
- Attend industry and community programs, as appropriate, to learn best practices, review potential speakers and gain experience about the format and structure of other successful events and programs as requested.
- Become proficient with the Alliance database.
- Contribute to the Alliance’s member retention process.
- Assist entire Alliance team as needed on any and all projects.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
- Positive, creative and solution-focused working relationship with team members.
- Ability to complete Word/Excel mail merges.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or a two-year technical degree in a related field preferred.
Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
The Talent Development Coordinator position is a full-time, salaried position. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. However, the Talent Development Coordinator must be available for early morning and/or evening Alliance events and programs.
Position Reports To: Vice President of Talent Development
To Apply: Applicants must provide cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.