Support business, expand connections and put your detail-oriented planning strengths to work! The Waukesha County Business Alliance hosts 100+ events and programs each year and is looking for a dynamic project manager with marketing and event planning skills to join the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the successful execution of Alliance events and programs by coordinating the logistics, speakers, sponsors, marketing and promotion of annual, recurring and one-time events and programs.
- Support the Alliance’s guest speaker process, including handling some incoming and outgoing speaker requests.
- Work directly with confirmed guest speakers to gather necessary details including contact information, speaker materials, marketing materials, etc.
- Draft informative and appealing descriptions for events and programs.
- Prepare timelines (both long-term planning and day-of) for confirmed events and programs and check in with task owners to keep planning on schedule.
- Share day-of timelines with staff, speakers and sponsors to coordinate their involvement.
- Enter and maintain/update event and program information in the Alliance database.
- Maintain various pages within the Alliance’s website related to events and programs (i.e., adding descriptions, updating dates/times, building new pages, etc.).
- Coordinate, design and execute promotional emails for upcoming events utilizing the Alliance’s email distribution platforms.
- Assist with the day-of logistics for events and programs (virtual or in-person).
- Administer the details of confirmed sponsors, including utilization of sponsor benefits, coordinating sponsor submissions (ads, remarks, logos, etc.), and entering sponsorship information in Alliance database.
- Assist with additional marketing, event and program duties as needed.
- Become proficient with all modules of the Alliance database.
- Contribute to the Alliance’s member retention process.
- Assist entire Alliance team, as needed, on additional projects, training sessions, meetings, etc.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
- Positive, creative and solution-focused working relationship with team members.
- Ability to complete Word/Excel mail merges.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a two-year technical degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365; Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proficient with remote meeting platforms; Zoom, GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting and Teams.
The Programs and Marketing Associate position is a full-time, salaried position. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. However, the Programs and Marketing Associate must be available for early morning and/or evening Alliance events and programs.
Position Reports To: Vice President, Talent Development
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com.