The Marketing & PR Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the details of all marketing and public relations efforts for the Waukesha County Business Alliance. This involves working closely with the entire Alliance staff to effectively communicate Alliance initiatives with Alliance membership and the broader business community in southeast Wisconsin.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Think strategically about how to best position the Alliance as the go-to place for businesses to network, collaborate and thrive in Waukesha County and southeast Wisconsin.
- Maintain the Alliance brand across all platforms, both internally and externally.
- Track data and analytics for email campaigns, website traffic and social media engagement to drive marketing decisions. Report on findings to staff and the Alliance board of directors.
- Execute all email marketing campaigns for the Alliance, including eight different newsletters, event registration emails, surveys and more.
- Gather content, design and edit the emails, manage bounce lists and provide technical support to ensure success in digital marketing efforts.
- Coordinate digital advertising in email newsletters for Alliance members and grow advertising as a source of revenue for the Alliance.
- Support the Alliance’s events and programs team in coming up with themes/topics for programs, designing flyers, marketing the programs to drive attendance, writing scripts, putting together Powerpoints and videos to use at the programs, taking photos at the programs, etc.
- Serve as editor and designer of the Alliance’s quarterly print magazine and annual print resource directory.
- Gather content, design the piece, coordinate printing and manage the budget.
- Manage and handle all details of the Alliance website, including implementing a creative, consistent vision for the website that engages members and visitors.
- Engage with member businesses and individuals through Alliance social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Be the point person for any media looking to feature the Alliance in publications, radio, TV, etc. Form relationships with reporters from relevant business media outlets.
- Take the lead on hiring and managing marketing interns year-round.
- Manage timelines and creative execution for Alliance marketing pieces, including logos, brochures, annual pieces, etc.
- Produce videos that spotlight Alliance initiatives and talk about the importance of Alliance membership.
- Manage all marketing and branding efforts for the Waukesha County Center for Growth, including website, marketing, media, etc.
- Attend industry and professional development events as appropriate to gain expertise, knowledge and ideas to implement at the Alliance. Share this expertise with staff.
- Contribute to the member retention process.
- Assist team members as needed on any and all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or a two-year technical degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or other related field.
- 4+ years of prior experience in a marketing or communications-related role.
- Graphic design experience creating print and digital marketing materials and web content
- Social media experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Constant Contact.
- Ability to concept, design and produce videos in Adobe After Effects/Premiere Pro preferred.
The Manager, Marketing & PR position is a full-time, salaried position and reports to the Senior Vice President, Public Policy. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., on Fridays. However, the Manager, Marketing & PR must be available for occasional early morning and/or evening Alliance events or programs.
To apply: Submit resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com.