The Events & Programs Coordinator is responsible for supporting and ensuring the success of events and programs hosted by the Waukesha County Business Alliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics, details, budget and planning for Alliance events and programs under the guidance of the Events & Programs Manager.
- Participate in planning committees that support events and programs.
- Work to bring events and programs in at, or better than, budget.
- Must be available to attend any events and programs as needed and assigned.
- Provide assistance and backup to the Events & Programs Manager in executing events and programs.
- Assist all Alliance departments with logistics and planning for internal and external meetings, training sessions and other programs.
- Obtain and grow sponsorships for events and programs to meet or exceed budget.
- Build relationships with vendors; including hotels, meeting venues, restaurants, catering companies, AV, etc. Use these relationships and expertise to provide recommendations for events and programs.
- Attend industry and community events, as appropriate, to learn best practices, review potential speakers and gain experience about the format and structure of other successful events and programs.
- Become proficient with all modules of ChamberMaster, especially the Events module. ChamberMaster is the Alliance’s database program.
- Execution of Word/Excel mail merges.
- Contribute to the Alliance’s member retention process.
- Assist entire Alliance team as needed on any and all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or a two-year technical degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite; Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
- Effective and positive working relationship with team members.
The Events & Programs Coordinator position is a full-time, salaried position. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. However, the Events & Programs Coordinator must be available for early morning and/or evening Alliance events and programs.
Position Reports To: Events & Programs Manager.
To Apply: Send resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.