The Waukesha County Business Alliance is looking for an administrative intern. Work with the countywide chamber of commerce and gain real‐world experience interacting with local businesses. This internship will include administrative and general office tasks, in addition to assisting our business and education team. This is a paid internship, requiring approximately 10‐15 hours per week. Together, the Alliance and intern will determine mutual goals, as well as the best schedule and timeline. This internship reports to the Alliance’s Office Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist our business and education department to prep for school tours and expos; prepping equipment, mapping locations and creating schedules, entering survey data, etc.
- Prepare name tags for events and programs (execute mail merges using Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Assemble and collate member packets.
- Update data in the Alliance’s database.
- Set up conference rooms and assist with meeting prep.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- The Alliance is looking for a friendly, creative, and motivated individual who is willing to help with the many facets of a business association.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Planning/problem‐solving skills.
To apply: Send your resume, references and a cover letter that expresses your writing and communication skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. List “Administrative Intern” in the subject line of the email.