We Make It Better in all that we do.
Power Test is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and sale of heavy equipment test systems, dynamometers and custom engineered products. We build great products…and so much more.
We make testing systems that improve our customer’s business.
- Power Test engine and chassis dynamometers to test the output of engines up to 8,000 hp.
- Aidco hydraulic test stands to evaluate the operating condition of large transmissions and other hydraulic components.
- Stuska Dynamometers for high performance race and street car engine testing.
- Custom engineered test systems to meet the unique needs of customers around the world.
- Our Customer Service team travels the globe to help install, train and commission the equipment and provides ongoing service as the need arises.
We train, develop and sustain our employees to be the best they can be.
- We offer high potential high school students the opportunity to work as they learn in school.
- We place young people in Wisconsin Apprenticeship Programs at the company’s expense to further their skills and career potential.
- We cross train employees to broaden their skill base and value to the company.
- We hire GPS Education Partners (formerly Second Chance) students and serve as an Education Center for the program.
- We provide all our employees with an award winning Wellness and Fitness Program to keep them healthy and strong.
We work in the community around us to improve it in many ways through both monetary donations and personal commitment of time and energy.
- In excess of 10% of the operating profits of the company are donated to charities, primarily in the Wisconsin area.
- Power Test employees have grown two tons of vegetables in the Power Test garden in the past three years that were donated to local food banks.
- The Destination Donation team of endurance athletes was created by Power Test to raise awareness for the need for organ, tissue and eye donations.
We train new people for careers in manufacturing to improve the opportunities for Power Test and other manufacturers in the area.
- Manufacturer’s Resource Training (MRT) was created as a new division to train motivated potential new employees for careers in manufacturing positions.
- Classes of 10 students are paid to learn using a combination of classroom and hands-on training on the Power Test shop floor over an eight week training session.
- Power Test will hire about one student per class with the remaining graduates being employed by other companies who compensate Power Test for the cost of the training program.
We do all this while staying highly competitive in a global market.
- Power Test’s business has more than doubled in the past three years.
- Nearly half of all sales are exported to over 80 countries around the world.
- Our results have led to numerous awards including 2011 and 2012 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Awards in the Small Business Category, 2013 Wisconsin Governor’s Export Achievement Award and being named one of the Healthiest Employers in Southeastern Wisconsin in 2011 and 2012.